Funk D'Void (Soma) - Greggs Pasties
Lars Sandberg extols the virtues of Greggs: the first place he visits every time he’s back in the UK…
5) Cheese & Bacon Wrap
This classic two-taste combo mixed with pastry is to die for. Needs to be hot though as the cheese hardens quickly if left on the shelf too long.
4) Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melt
I never tire of baked beans (still eat about a can a day) and the same can be said for sausage so this usually ends up on my regular order, not my first pick though.
3) Steak Bake
The combo of gravy and pastry is a no-brainer, you have to watch though if you’re eating in the street as the sauce can squelch out onto your jacket.
2) Sausage Roll
Can’t beat a classic, the meat has a perfect consistency and tastes pretty damn good with a light peppery aftertaste, I can usually manage a couple if it’s a mixed order.
1) Cheese & Onion pasty
Used to wolf down 4 of these every lunchtime when I worked next to a Greggs bakery in Glasgow. WINNER.
- Admin (Omena) – Charity shop bargains
- Matt Anniss - Frequently heard DJ proclamations
- Mark Archer (ALTERN8) - Nights and Promoters
- Andy Blake (World Unknown) - Favourite things
- Mira Calix (WARP) - Exhibitions
- Josh Caffe - Albums
- Thomas Cox (Infinitestatemachine) - Favourite things
- baze.djunkiii (Intrauterin Recordings) - Favourite things
- Annie Errez – Record shops
- Terry Farley (Boy’s Own) - House tracks
- Funk D'Void (Soma) - Greggs Pasties
- Dj Harri (Subclub) - Nut based snacks
- Jerome Hill (Don't) - Musical things
- LUV*JAM - Sneaks n Nips
- Jozef K (Sankeys) - Favourite Djs
- Owain K (Innate) - Favourite things
- Johanna Knutsson - Meal experiences
- Dean Muhsin (Dispersion) - Top cities to be hungover in
- Joe Muggs - Subcultural acts of resistance
- Nightwave (Heka Trax) - Scottish beers
- Jon daSilva (HACIENDA) – Club tracks
- CP Smith (CPU Records) - Favourite things
- Placid (WGD) – Favourite records
- Posthuman – Best gigs
- Roberto (Fossil Archive) - Comedy moments
- Toby Tobias (ESP Institute) – Favourite things
- Twin Speaks (Happy Skull) - Maize based snacks
- Vince Watson (Transmat) – Awkward gigs (fuckups)
- Kirsti Weir (null + void) – Radio shows